|Gear Head College|
|installing a springer
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||major wood [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:36 pm ]|
|Post subject:||installing a springer|
Correct rocker angle is critical to achieving the best ride possible. We supply the Outer tube and pushrod tube slightly oversize. This allows you to trim them to the exact length needed during final fitment. Thus you may set the rocker angle to the optimum.
It also allows you to make last minute decisions on ride height and account for variations in tire size and rider preference.
A) Spring Tree assembly instructions
1) Place lower Spring Cups (70) onto the pushrod arch (65)
2) Remove shock body caps (77). ) Note that the holes are for using a pin spanner to facilitate turning them. Careful not to spill the shock fluid (100cc of 5 wt, just in case you do).
3) Thread the shock shafts into the pushrod arch. You can use a deep socket on an extension to tighten the shock shafts into the pushrod arch. Torque to 25 ft-lbs and use red locktite.
4) Install main spring (72)
5) Slide on the washers (33) onto the circlips or snap rings (74)
6) Slide on the spring tree (32)
7) Install the top springs (76)
8) Reinstall the shock caps (77) note that the holes are for using a pin spanner to facilitate turning them.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group|